Simple Salmon Chowder
- 1/2 cup each chopped celery, onion and green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked diced peeled potatoes
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1-3/4 to 2 cups fully cooked salmon chunks or 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, flaked, bones and skin removed
- Optional: Crumbled cooked bacon, minced chives and cracked black pepper
- In a large saucepan, saute celery, onion, green pepper and garlic in butter until the vegetables are tender. Add broth, potatoes, carrots, salt, pepper and dill; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40 minutes or until the vegetables are nearly tender. Stir in the corn, cream and salmon. Simmer for 15 minutes or until heated through. If desired, garnish with bacon, chives and cracked black pepper.