Instant pot Orange Chicken Lettuce wraps
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts , cut into 2-inch cubes
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- ⅓ cup water
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chile-garlic sauce
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 or 2 small heads of Bibb, butter, leafy green, or romaine lettuce leaves
- Cooked white rice
- Thinly sliced cucumbers, carrots, red bell pepper, carrot, water chestnuts
- Fresh herbs like Thai basil, cilantro, mint and watercress
Toss the chicken with 2 tablespoons of the cornstarch in a bowl to coat evenly.
Select Sauté on the Instant Pot or pressure cooker and warm the canola oil. Cook the chicken in batches, turning as every minute or so so the chicken doesn't stick to the pan, until all sides are golden brown, about 5-6 minutes for each batch.
Add the water, soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, sesame oil, chile-garlic sauce, and ½ cup of the orange juice and stir to mix well.
Lock the lid in place and turn the valve to Sealing. Press the keep Warm/Cancel button to reset the program, then press the Poultry button and set the cook time for 7 minutes at high pressure.
Let the steam release naturally for about 10 minutes, then turn the valve to Venting to release any residual steam.
Carefully remove the lid and transfer about ¼ cup of the sauce to a small bowl. Add the remaining 3 tablespoons of cornstarch to the bowl and stir to dissolve. Return the mixture to the pot and stir well.
Press the Keep Warm/Cancel button to reset the program, then press the Sauté button ad cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
Stir in the remaining ½ cup orange juice and the orange zest and season with salt and pepper.
Arrange the lettuce leaves on a large serving platter with the sliced garnishes and herbs, and serve aside the cooked rice, green onion, and sauce. Scoop the chicken, rice and garnishes into the lettuce leaves and and serve.